Potential Fresh Meat (PFM) is a volunteer-run quad skating group open to all women 18 years and over interested in learning and practicing the skills needed to play roller derby.
Many of our members skate with us to get ready for tryouts for leagues all over the Pacific Northwest, but there are many women who skate with PFM just because it’s fun and great exercise.
Please note that your participation in PFM does not guarantee you a space on any team, nor is PFM affiliated with any league or place of business.
In order to participate in PFM practices (the first time), and for the safety of all participants, we require you to:
1. Email the Foundational Skills coach (email@example.com) to introduce yourself and get additional information about PFM, including the location of our practice space. You can find out when the next orientation is when you email us.
2. Attend our Foundational Skills practices. At these practices we’ll assess your skills and teach you the basics of stopping and falling safely for roller derby, as well as other fun drills to get you rolling derby style. Once you’ve been cleared to skate at regular PFM practices, you can begin attending our more difficult practices, which are two or three times per week. WFTDA league members may skip the Foundational Skills orientation.
1. You must be able to skate around the rink without falling or holding onto the wall, willing to learn, work hard, have a positive attitude and have fun!
2. It is required that you have the following properly fitting gear: hard-shelled wrist guards, knee pads, and elbow pads, a helmet, fitted mouth-guard and, of course, your own quad roller skates.
3. Medical insurance is strongly encouraged. You must sign a waiver (provided) before putting on your skates!
4. The cost per practice is $8.00 for all drop-in and league skaters.
Please keep an eye on this site’s calendar for any schedule changes and upcoming practices!
Skate! Skate! Skate!
PFM recommends Fast Girl Skates for all of your derby gear needs. Their knowledgeable, friendly staff will help you find the perfect fit for your skates and pads, and they can offer extensive advice on wheels and other skate gear. We have found them to be exceedingly helpful and supportive of our community, so please support Fast Girl Skates!